As I reflect on the majority of my initial client inquiries, they could care less about how and why I build websites the way that I do. In other words, for the most part, no one cares “what is under the hood.”
Here are some of the response’s I received when I ask potential customers what they are looking for in their website:
- It looks good
- Ranks high during Google search
- Want a huge stunning image on the Header
- Want extra features or functionality without the addition coast
The design philosophy of a designer does make a huge difference for websites that will bear your name, your business logo, or your organizations banner. Clients usually trust that I will provide a website that will meet their needs, not caring of how I do it.
The following are the basic principles that are incorporated into every website:
- Fully responsive designs: your site will render in all devices; desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone
- Fast Loading: optimized to load into the browser quickly
- Easy to Navigate: menu’s are easy to see and use, focusing on user experience
- Simple: Home page will not be cluttered with distractions or duplicate information
Bottom Line: We just want the visitor to have a very wonderful experience.
Why Responsive websites?
51% mobile devices used on the internet
42% desktop computers
Mobile Marketing Statistics
Why you need a fast loading site.
If a page takes more than three seconds to load, over 40% of visitors will bounce.
Slow Website Speed
Why poor website navigation effects visitor return.
40% of users never return to a site when their first visit is a negative experience.
Website Navigation Principles
Why keep home page clean and simple.
Uncluttered Websites Show Companies in Their Best Light.
There are a lot of other details that go into a website, but the very basics are listed here.
Thank you for taking time to read this blog.